You can find long-form texts here: novels, short stories, essays, manifestos, and rants. If anything I’ve written here offends you: you’re welcome.
- (WIP)Internet Personae: Be Your True Mind
- When you stop using your real name online, you can express your real self.
- About My Ad Blocker
- If you want me to stop blocking ads, stop serving ads that are nothing but malware.
- I Owe The World Nothing
- The world might have been here first, but I never asked to be here. The world owes me nothing, and I owe nothing in return.
- Personal Websites as Self Portraiture
- The personal website is both medium and message, a self-publishing technology and a new visual arts medium, and every website is its operator’s self-portrait.
- Questions For Your Cast
- If you’ve been worldbuilding but don’t have a story, it might be because you haven’t given character development enough attention.
- Hellbound; or, Curse God and Live
- Watching the new K-drama, Hellbound, got me thinking about existentialism and the problem of evil. You might not like the conclusions I reached.
- Party Like It’s 1989: a Web 0 Manifesto
- This is my manifesto for Web 0/the small web. Never mind the Geocities look from the late 1990s; I miss the original CERN aesthetic.
- Let’s Go Brandon; or, Fuck the President No Matter Who They Are
- Unlike other leftists or liberals, I’m OK with the ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ meme. It shows that Americans aren’t completely servile yet.
- The Milgram Battery: a Starbreaker story
- Before Morgan Cooper can take his oath as an Adversary sworn to uphold individual rights, he must face a final ordeal: a nightmare sequenced from his own memories and the obedience experiments of Stanley Milgram.