Hello. I’m Matt Cambion, and this is my personal and thoroughly unprofessional website: a space for science fantasy, heavy metal, Unix, and occasional forays into reality.
- long-form texts: novels, short stories, essays, manifestos, and rants
- my heavy metal/science fantasy saga
- a one-page blog in chronological order full of random musings
- hand-written with a fountain pen in a fancy notebook
- places I’ve discovered on the web — little sites like mine
- biographical details
- how to reach me without drawing a pentagram on your floor
- a few of my hobbies
- my current status; inspired by nownownow.com
- stuff I use; inspired by uses.tech
- if you want an excuse to dislike me, you will probably find one here
- how I built this website
- atomic blog
- literally a microblog in a full-text Atom feed — a mirror of my commonplace
- atomic bookmarks
- kinda like the atomic blog, but a collection of blogs and bookmarks as an Atom feed
- atomic playlist
- the best (or worst) of what I’ve been listening to lately
- atomic notebook
- a photoblog of my hand-written notebooks
If you have a browser with a built-in feed reader, you can easily read these. Otherwise, you’ll need a feed reader. You might want to start with The Old Reader, which aims to be a replacement for the late, lamented Google Reader.
looking for a different
I use “starbreaker” as a handle and the title of my science fantasy project, but it’s been used elsewhere. Here’s a small sample. If you know of others please email me with links so I can add them to the list.
- a song from Judas Priest’s 1977 album, Sin After Sin
- a heavy metal supergroup fronted by Tony Harnell
- Star Breaker
- a Japanese RPG for the PC-Engine console developed by RayForce in 1994 that looks like a rip-off of Phantasy Star
- a DC comics villain that first appeared in 1972, an
energy vampirethat sounds like Galactus with the serial numbers filed off
- Xeelee starbreakers
- featured in hard sf by British author Stephen Baxter, a starbreaker is a gravity wave laser created by powerful aliens called the Xeelee for use in their wars against the Photino Birds
starbreaker.org is fully mirrored on neocities.org at starbreaker.neocities.org.
Some material from this website is also available on WordPress.com at The Changeling Dispatches.